PROJECT MANAGER (FULL-TIME, 10 MONTHS) AT FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS EUROPE e. V
Football Supporters Europe eV (FSE) is an independent, democratic, and non-profit association of football fans, with members in over 45 UEFA nations. FSE organises and supports campaigns on subjects relevant to supporters, provides advice and guidance to supporters’ organisations, and liaises with institutions and governing bodies to represent supporters’ perspectives and interests.
Closing date for applications: 08 November 2019
Location: Hamburg / various locations
Responsible to: FSE Coordinator / Executive Director
Salary: Negotiable – 39 hours per week
Starting date: 02 December 2019
Place & Hours of Work: The place of work will be confirmed with the successful candidate. FSE will provide them with any essential equipment and a workspace in a suitable UEFA EURO 2020 host city during the competition. Certain operational commitments notwithstanding, the project manager will generally be expected to manage their own time. They will also be expected to travel abroad for work and attend monthly staff meetings at the FSE Office in Hamburg, Germany, and occasionally may be asked to work outside office hours, including evenings and weekends.
Principal Responsibilities: The main task of the successful candidate will be to manage the implementation of all FSE Fans’ Embassy project activities leading up to and during EURO 2020.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with institutions & the governing bodies representing participating teams, host cities and relevant agencies.
- Research to inform the Fans’ Embassies and the publication of an online fanguide.
- Establishing a network of relevant stakeholders and partners in every host city.
- Organisation of multi-agency network meetings, conferences, training seminars and workshops in preparation for the deployment of Fans’ Embassies across the UEFA region.
- Preparation of articles in English for publication on the FSE website and social media and social media channels.
The services should be carried out in consultation with the FSE Fans’ Embassies Division, and the management of FSE, if applicable. The work requires cooperation with existing network partners and external institutional contacts in various countries. Written reports need to be compiled and submitted to the decision-making entities and the FSE office on a regular basis, as well as to funders upon request.
- Background in grassroots football activism and relationships with national supporters’ groups
- Experience in international project management
- Experience in managing and administrating EU-funded projects
- Fluent language skills in English
- Proficiency in one other European language
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Familiarity with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to manage time efficiently and multi-task
- Ability to adapt work to the democratic decision-making structures of an international non-profit volunteer association
- Experience in public relations in a football fandom context
- Experience and/or understanding of volunteering in the field of football
- Experience with multi-agency cooperation in sport, especially with football governing bodies and security agencies
- Experience with fundraising and campaigning in the not-for profit sector
- Familiarity with the WordPress platform
Required documents for the job application:
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH
- Letter of Motivation
- Written testimonials from up to two previous employers
- Reference contact information for up to two previous employers
Please send us these documents via e-mail to email@example.com.
If you have any further questions about this position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 40 370 877 51.