Football Supporters Europe (FSE) is seeking an experienced EU Projects Specialist, ideally with a background of involvement with or knowledge of the European supporters’ movement, or football more generally.
With demonstrable experience of working with EU-funded projects, this role will work alongside colleagues to manage several existing and newly funded initiatives, working with partners and stakeholders to deliver high-quality outputs in line with established standards and timelines. For the right candidate, we are happy to explore full or part-time options.
FSE is the democratic voice of European football fans. We are an independent, non-profit association of fans recognised as a representative body on fan issues by institutions such as Uefa and the Council of Europe. FSE is an equal opportunities employer, and we very much welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
JOB SPECIFICATION – EU PROJECTS SPECIALIST
|POSITION||EU Projects Specialist|
|Fields of Work||Youth and democracy, supporter liaison, fan ownership, diversity and inclusion, etc.|
|Place of Work||Remote working, within the Uefa region|
|Remuneration||Negotiable, depending on experience|
|Period||1-year fixed term, with potential for renewal|
|Existing EU projects||Fans Matter (training of member-run football club representatives), Kick Off (supporter/governing body relations), Future of Football (youth and democracy), TRANSFER (SLO/safety officer job shadowing), TDPS (development of SLO higher education offerings and occupational standards), SAFER (gender diversity)|
FSE regularly submits applications for EU project funding in line with its strategic priorities. The EU Projects Specialist will be responsible for managing and coordinating EU and any other European public-funded projects run by FSE, in particular:
- Facilitating the implementation of existing projects, e.g. by managing work packages and project-related activities in accordance with the respective project timeline
- Tracking the progress of deliverables and milestones
- Management of project budgets, having responsibility for designated project budgets, including monitoring expenditure against budget lines and ensuring funds are properly utilised in meeting project objectives
- Mitigation of potential risks
- Preparation and timely submission of all interim and final reports, in particular financial reports, as necessary
- Acting as the primary front-facing point of contact and support for internal and external stakeholders
- Helping FSE members to access EU and other European public funding as necessary
- Monitoring EU funding opportunities for activities of relevance to the work and strategy of FSE, including announcements of any imminent calls for proposals, and informing the FSE management accordingly
- Supporting the coordination among FSE, FSE members and other implementing partners for EC funding proposals and setting up consortiums to respond to specific priority bids
- Assisting with the preparation of new project applications
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced project manager
- Written and spoken English proficiency
- Good communication, organisational, writing and networking skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff
- High level of resilience
- Team spirit and the ability to work independently
- International experience and exposure to best practices in project management
- Experience/knowledge in international grant application and bid management processes
- Sound background in areas relating to football supporters
- Educated to degree level
- At least one additional EU language
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a short letter of motivation, a CV (max. 2-page), and the names and contact information of two references to: email@example.com in the strictest confidence.
The deadline for applications is 16th December 2022.