Football Supporters Europe (FSE) is seeking candidates for the position of Communication and Membership Officer:
- Location: Germany/UEFA region.
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
- Contract type: Permanent/full-time (40h p/w).
- Preferred starting date: from 01.02.2022.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate a proficient level of English.
- Application deadline: 16.01.2022
Football Supporters Europe eV (FSE) is the democratic voice of European football fans. Founded in 2008 at the first European Football Fans Congress; registered in Germany; and active in 55 UEFA nations. We are an independent, non-profit association of fans recognised as a representative body on fan issues by institutions such as UEFA and the Council of Europe. We recognise that fans are the heart and soul of football. We believe fans are entitled to watch their team in a safe environment, whatever their background, enjoy the same freedoms as the general public, and have a bigger say on how the game is run. And we envisage a more equal, competitive, and sustainable football—one that works for everybody, not just a select few.
Working alongside the FSE Coordination Office, the post-holder will be involved in membership relations, public relations, project management, and internal and external communication.
Closing date for applications: 16th January 2022.
Location: The FSE Coordination Office is based in Hamburg (Germany), where the post-holder is expected to be based or travel to on a regular basis.
Responsible to: FSE Executive Director.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Working hours: Full-time (40h p/w).
Principal responsibilities: The main tasks of the successful candidate will be to manage the communication of FSE (internal/external), oversee relations with the members of the association, and contribute to the administration and promotion of FSE’s projects and activities.
This includes work such as:
- Composition of press releases and website articles.
- Administration of the FSE website, social media accounts, and newsletter.
- Production and administration of FSE publications.
- Composition of narrative reports.
- Collection of data, testimonies, and reports on fan-related activities and public policies.
- Management of FSE’s relationship with its members.
The tasks should be carried out under the supervision of the Executive Director, in association with the FSE Coordination Office and Board members, when applicable. The work requires cooperation with existing partners and volunteers from the FSE membership.
How to apply:
Send the following documents via email to info[at]fanseurope.org (Subject: Job Application):
- Letter of motivation
Written testimonials from two previous employers.
Reference contact information for two previous employers.
Football Supporters Europe is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
If you have any further questions about this position, please send an e-mail to info[at]fanseurope.org.
All applicants will be contacted within 5 days of the closing date.