FSE is the democratic voice of European football fans.
Our members are the bedrock of our organisation: Through working groups, European Football Fans Congresses (EFFC), and Biennial General Meetings (BGM), they decide our policies, set our priorities, determine our campaigns, and elect our Board.
With members in over 50 UEFA nations, we aim to be as representative as possible. To be sure, there are three categories of FSE membership, and they are all free:
- Individual: Anyone over the age of 14 years of age can join FSE so long as they recognise our Constitution and support our core principles. Individual members get one vote each at the FSE BGM.
- Local fans’ groups: Club fans’ groups or local fan initiatives can join FSE, too. They get 3 votes each at the FSE BGM and should be represented by an appointed delegate.
- National fans’ organisations: National fan’ organisations, fans’ embassies, and continental fans’ groups are an important part of FSE’s membership. They get 10 votes each at the FSE BGM and, likewise, should be represented by an appointed delegate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Below you will find answers to a series of FAQs.
You can find out more about the FSE Constitution and governance structures here.
- Who can become a member?
- What are my/our benefits and responsibilities as a member?
- When does my/our membership start?
- Does it cost anything to become a member?
- Are there any other conditions of membership?
Who can become a member?
Every individual over the age of 14, local fans’ groups, and national and transnational fans’ organisations. The admission of under 18-year-olds is subject to consent from their legal guardians.
What are my/our benefits and responsibilities as a member?
You have the right to participate and vote at the BGM, thereby actively determining FSE’s policies, priorities, campaigns, and the constitution of its Board. Members over the age of 18 can also stand for election to the Board.
When does my/our membership start?
Membership starts upon confirmation from the FSE Office. Membership can be terminated at the end of the financial year with the advance submission of a written request to the FSE Office.
Does it cost anything to become a member?
No, although voluntary contributions or donations are always welcome via PayPal.
Are there any other conditions of membership?
Yes. By becoming a member of FSE you are obliged to officially declare that you recognise our Constitution and support our core principles:
- Opposition to any form of discrimination (including discrimination based on ethnic origin, ability, religion and belief, gender, sexual orientation, and age).
- Rejection of violence, both verbal and physical.
- Empowerment of grassroots football supporters.
- Promotion of a positive football and supporters’ culture, including values such as fair play and good governance.