As members of Football Supporters Europe (FSE), we’re very happy to inform you that finally the dates and hosts for the 1st ever FSE SUMMER NETWORK MEETING are set!
The 1st FSE SUMMER NETWORK MEETING will take place from 14 JULY 2016 – 17 JULY 2016 in Izmir in Turkey! The gathering will be hosted by our dear friends and members from the supporters rights union TARAFTAR HAKLARI DERNEGI. They will be supported by TarafDer. A more detailed programme, details on the organisation and inexpensive accommodation options will be shared with you in the coming weeks.
As for general travel arrangements:
GENERAL PROGRAMME OUTLINE
14 JULY 2016: Arrival day and kick-off event
15 – 16 JULY 2016: Exhibitions, Football, Workshops and Discussions, Open Air Fan Film Cinema & Cocktail Party
17 JULY 2016: All day – boat trip to beaches and islands near Izmir
18 JULY 2016: Departure in the morning
Make sure you book soon to secure inexpensive travel options! Or…who knows, maybe you even want to combine this with a small holiday? 🙂
IDEAS FOR WORKSHOPS/DISCUSSIONS OR ELSE? BRING IT ON!
THD would very much like to invite you to come forward if you want to contribute to the programme, to make it a true networking event for the benefit of all of us! So, if you have ideas for workshops / discussions and / or want to be generally involved in the organisation of the event, make sure you get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we will pass your contact details and proposals on to THD for the next steps.
THD and TarafDer are very much looking forward to welcoming you all on behalf of FSE at the FSE Summer Networking Event 2016! The members of the FSE Committee will also be present, of course.
Since we’re not FIFA, as a matter of transparency, we would like to give you a brief summary of the decision-making process:
- all in all, the FSE Committee had received declarations of interest and first proposals from members from 7 countries by the time of the deadline for proposals on 30 November 2015.
- The FSE Committee then set up a sub-committee to evaluate and shortlist the candidates.
- In December 2015, two proposals were shortlisted as finalists and asked to submit further details / ideas on venues, budgets and/or the programme.
- In January 2016, members from the sub-committee conducted site visits in both finalist cities and met with the potential organising groups.
- At the monthly conference call of the FSE Committee on 28 January 2016, the ultimate decision was made after a long and intense discussion on pros and cons of each proposal.
- Committee members with potentially conflicting interests (e.g. because they were from the same country or organisation or very close to applicants for the Summer Network Meeting) could not participate in the sub-committee and were not entitled to vote on this, neither on the shortlist nor on the final vote for the successful candidate.